Self-taught hacker, Linux geek, lifetime learner. Loves technology in all forms, but especially the intangible stuff brought to life by computers.
- Solid knowledge of GNU/Linux, Docker, Web APIs (REST), HTML, CSS, Haxe.
- Comfortable with C, Java, SQL, MongoDB, Git, PHP, Scheme.
Contact me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teleport JSON Type System (2013–present)
- Homepage: http://www.cosmic-api.com
- Started as a business venture with co-founder Kyu Lee.
- Cosmic is a high-level web API framework. It is also a protocol standardizing best practices to enable auto-generated API clients that feel like native libraries.
- Cosmic is used in the wild at Elevate Inc.
- The libraries are well tested and well documented.
HSLuv: color space, alternative to HSL. (2013–present)
- Homepage: http://www.hsluv.org
- Created a color space combining the uniformity properties of CIELUV and ease of programmatic use of HSL.
- HSLuv has been ported to 13 programming languages by contributors
- Packaged for NPM, PyPI, RubyGems, Nuget, CPAN, CocoaPods, Luarocks, Maven
- Used in Seaborn, a popular data visualization library.
- Homepage: https://github.com/boronine/colorspaces.js
- Converts between RGB and various CIE color spaces.
- Packaged for Node.js and as a jQuery and Stylus plugin.
Discipline: model versioning system for Django (2010)
- Homepage: http://discipline.boronine.com
- Developed an open source application for the Django platform that keeps track of modifications performed on the database and provides low-level interface for checking the states of objects at different points in time.
- The project displays good programming style, appropriate code commenting, thorough unit testing and good documentation.
Libraro.net: library of texts in the Esperanto language (2009–present)
- Used Django to create a user-friendly website for online reading in Esperanto targeted at beginners; includes instant dictionary search.
- Implemented an Esperanto dictionary back-end that knows how to split large words into smaller parts based on a list of Esperanto morphemes.
Software Developer at DIVE Networks Inc. (2015–2016)
- Used Django and SQL to model hardcoded customer data and place it into the database.
- Used Clojure to build a backend for ingesting content from various sources: RSS, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and others.
- Developed a throttling system to maximize throughput while staying under third-party rate limits.
- Developed a pipeline for transforming and feeding content to the company’s browser-based application.
Software Developer at Elevate Inc. (2012–2014)
- Implemented internal REST APIs using a Django-based library as well a library of own making, Cosmic.
- Developed a highly space-efficient module for tracking email links.
- Organizational work: automated deployment, centralized configuration management, containerization with Docker.
Frontend developer at Thoora Inc. (Summer 2011)
- Worked tightly in an “agile” team of several programmers and a graphic designer.
- Received an “outstanding” work term evaluation.
Medical Terminology Research Lead at Agfa Healthcare (Fall 2010)
- Used supervised machine learning to build a system for normalizing data from radiology results.
- Researched and implemented solutions from academic papers.
- Used Java, MongoDB NoSQL database and Neo4J graph database. Worked with medical ontologies.
- Showed great initiative, received an “excellent” work term evaluation.